During pregnancy, you’re probably getting the nursery ready, attending showers thrown by gracious friends and family and collecting all the STUFF you think you’ll need.
And there’s a lot of stuff out there. We know it can be very overwhelming! To help you figure out exactly what you need, we’ve compiled a list of our five must-haves for bringing home baby:
- Angel Care Monitor. We love this monitor because it has an under the mattress sensor pad that detects baby’s movement, even while he or she sleeps. An alarm will sound if no movement is made for 20 seconds. It comes with two portable, rechargeable parent units. The nursery unit also acts as a night light so you can check on baby with minimal disruption. The Angel Care will monitor and show the temperature in baby’s room and will sound an alarm if temperature is too high or too low.
- The Miracle Blanket. “The World’s Most Pediatrician-Recommended Swaddler” is one of our favorites too! It has no Velcro to scratch or wake baby, one size fits all and the unique patented design takes the guesswork out of swaddling your infant.
- Kiinde Kozii Breast Milk and Bottle Warmer. The Kozii is fantastic! It is specially designed to warm as gently as possible and preserve the delicate nutrients, proteins and antibodies in breast milk. It uses convective heating that provides safe and fast thawing for breast milk, formula and food in just 3.5 minutes for room temperature breast milk and 10 minutes for frozen
- The Puj tub. This soft infant bath fits in standard-sized bathroom sinks, hangs flat for easy storage (no more bulky plastic tubs!), has a non-slip surface and most importantly, cradles and comforts baby during bath time.
- The Ergo Carrier. Your baby and your back will thank you for this one! The Ergobaby carrier is as comfortable for you as it is for your baby. It distributes your baby’s weight evenly across your hips and shoulders so you can enjoy being close to your baby while having your hands free. The International Hip Dysplasia Institute recommends a baby carrier that supports a natural seated position, with the thigh supported at the knee joint, such as Ergobaby, to promote healthy hip positioning.
By Marisa Mitchell and Emily Rhodes
Your health is too important to leave to chance. Let us help you find the physician that’s right for you.