The bags are back! We’ve extolled the virtues of the Mom Bag in a previous post, and now we’ve gotten three more Brookwood Baptist Moms to spill their essentials for part two! Here’s a glimpse inside the essential carryalls of Vicky Cullison, Claire Butler, and Tamara Sansbury.
Contents from top to bottom, left to right:
- Purse: Lucky Penny for Anthropologie
- Umbrella: Totes — or, as my Korean family calls it: sunscreen. (Just kidding!) : )
- Wallet: Hobo (Its only purpose is to hold funds for my bacon cravings.)
- Toy tractor (Who doesn’t carry a toy tractor around in her purse?)
- Toy race car (See above.)
- Black Moleskine journal (For jotting down anything: reminders, lists, ideas, stories; this one’s new and ready to be scribbled in.)
- Notepad (For more jotting. I like paper.)
- Lip Gloss: Victoria’s Secret (A gift from my sister that I use everyday; I love having it as a daily reminder or her.)
- Diaper: Pampers, Size 4, Cookie Monster (Self-explanatory.)
- Bag — Organizing Utility Tote from Thirty-one
- Sun hat to protect those baby blues : )
- SunSmart Sunscreen — Micronized zinc oxide with SPF 30 that provides better UVA and UVB sun protection than ordinary sunscreens. (I’m kinda OCD about this since I had melanoma.)
- Mom Camera (digital SLR) — A must once they start moving or every pic will be a blur : )
- Summer Infant TinyDiner on-the-go place mat
- Little Green Pouch — Totally obsessed with these!! They are reusable food pouches that are awesome for on-the-go feeding.
- Skip Hop Changing Station
- Gap leather fold-over clutch — My kids are old. Unless I’m flying, this is the biggest bag I need.
- Wallet — It’s ancient, but it’s small and gets the job done.
- Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets — I have the oiliest skin around. I can’t live without these things.
- Hand lotion — Oily face, dry hands. I’m full of contradictions.
- Pens — Never know when you’ll need one. (Bonus points for a free pen from my favorite library!)
- Lipsticks — L-R: Clinique freebie, Maybelline Baby Lips in “Peach Kiss,” Cover Girl Lipslicks in “Hipster,” Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in “Baby Baby,” and a freebie gloss from Clinique. This is a pretty minimal offering from me. Once I pulled out 20.
- Clinique pressed powder — See above on my oily skin situation.
- Advil in a tiny case — Because kids. And life. And whatnot.
See anything you like see anything you have in common? Let us know what’s in your bag in the comments!